Etsy Craft Labs Celebrates Its One Year Anniversary @ Museum of Craft & Folk Art
We love us some Etsy, and we know you do too. So we're excited to get crafty with them this Thursday from 6-9 pm at the Etsy Labs' Craft Bar at the Museum of Craft and Folk Art to celebrate the first anniversary of their monthly craft labs.
Head out to make things like pumpkin plushies from recycled sweaters, sock skeletons and screen prints using traditional Mexican pictographs in honor of El Dia de los Muertos. (fueled all the while with refreshments from Tropisueno and Trumer Pils).
Master crafters will also lead sessions, like Meighan O'Toole, author of the blog My Love For You, who will be making gods' eyes, and Katy Kristin, who will show you how to sew your own stuffed animals. Etsy is bringing back their Stitch and Bitch area, for those who just want to perfect their knitting and crocheting skills without being told what to do.
Students are free, while the rest of you can pay $5 to get in.
- Lifting The Craft Bar At Museum Of Craft & Folk Art
- Next Weekend's American Craft Council Show Rivals the Coolness of Outside Lands
- Back to School: Fall Arts, Crafts and Cooking Classes and Lectures
- SF Authors' Luncheon Celebrates The Year's Brightest Writers
- New Sunday Flea Market @ Candlestick from the Folks at Alameda Flea