The Plastiki Makes it to Sydney
The Plastiki, a 60 foot boat made up of 12,500 of recycled bottles and helmed by eco-hottie David de Rothschild, finally reached Sydney today on its journey across the Pacific Ocean from San Francisco. In their four month voyage, the crew visited the giant Pacific trash vortex (which is the size of Texas) and weathered storms, heat waves and cramped conditions in the name of raising awareness for ocean pollution. The crew's official filmmaker even chose to stay on board during the birth of his first child, witnessing the whole thing via Skype.
Congrats to the Plastiki crew. Now go have a beer and eat some vegetables.
- Kiehl's and the Sundance Channel Screen Eco Trip
- Northern California Hotels Make Holiday Travel More Affordable
- 5 Tips for Making Holiday Travel Less of a Nightmare
- From 'Wired' to Willy Wonka: TCHO Uses Technology and Ethical Sourcing to Make Great Chocolate
- Ubergizmo Makes Gadgets Accessible to Non-Geeks (and Fashion Accessible to Geeks!)