Photos: Chef Alexander Alioto of Seven Hills—Winner of Sapporo's Your City, Your Chef 2012
On October 22, 7x7 and Sapporo proudly hosted a private event celebrating this year's winner of our annual search for San Francisco's next culinary superstar: Chef Alexander Alioto of Seven Hills, located high on the cusp of two of San Francisco's most famed hills, Russian Hill and Nob Hill.
Guests at the exclusive event included 7x7 voters who elevated Seven Hills to the top spot this year, as their favorite of San Francisco's top culinary talents. Chef Alex curated a special tasting menu—showcasing his dedication to a farm-to-plate dining experience—that was designed to pair very well with our sponsor, Sapporo.
7x7's passionate foodinistas not only lauded Seven Hills as San Francisco's definitive neighborhood bistro, but also foreshadowed its prominence as one of the city's top dining Meccas: since their voting, Seven Hills has been recognized on a national scale:
- Chef Alex's raviolo uovo di San Domenico was chosen by New York magazine as one of America’s Most Delicious Noodle Dishes
- Seven Hills landed in the #4 spot on the recap of the top 20 restaurants for Food in the 2013 San Francisco Bay Area Zagat Guide
After graduating with honors from the Culinary institute of America in San Francisco, Chef Alex went to work in Sicily, then to Italy's Emilio Romagna region—the pasta capital of the world—and the famed San Domenico restaurant. Further staging took place in some of the Bay Area's top destinations: the French Laundry, the Ritz-Carlton San Francisco, and his own legendary family's landmark, Alioto’s Restaurant in Fisherman’s Wharf.
The Celebratory Menu from Chef Alexander Alioto of Seven Hills:
- Eggplant caponata on baked pasta chip
- Salmon tartare with lemon oil, lime caviar, shallots and chives
- Arancini with burata cheese and tomato sauce
- Breaded chicken drummettes with lemon
- Braised short ribs with chickpea purée and mustard granita
- Italian doughnuts with pastry cream
Seven Hills, 1550 Hyde St., sevenhillssf.com
Photos: Nikki Ritcher Photography
- Your City, Your Chef 2012: And the Winner Is...
- Chef Diego Oka of La Mar: Winner of Sapporo's Your City, Your Chef 2013
- Your City, Your Chef Winner Chef Matthew Accarrino of SPQR Takes a Culinary Victory Lap
- 7x7's fans chose chef Kory Stewart to be the winner of our first-ever "Your City, Your Chef" contest!
- Your City Your Chef 2012: Who is San Francisco's Next Culinary Star? Vote Now!