Body Art Meets Science
Tonight's event couldn't get any more San Francisco. Where else could you bring a decidedly hipster vibe to a five-day biosciences festival? Part of the larger Brilliant!Science: Decoding Human Health festivities, Friday's California Academy of Sciences program "Body Art: An Evening Science Mingle" looks at the body as creative canvas. See complex muscle systems displayed as body paint on roaming models, and see up-close scientific images of neurons and viruses.
In partnership with the Gladstone Institutes, a leading bio-med research organization, the festival brings together some of the Bay Area’s most brilliant scientists to talk about pioneering research in human health—from cutting-edge stem cell research to the ongoing fight against HIV/AIDS.
Looking for extra credit? Chat up one of the on-hand scientists donning white lab coats. And geek out over tacos and beer, compliments of Tacolicious, against a backdrop of beats by DJ B. Smiley.
Friday, 1/25, 6-9 p.m.; Tickets are $25 for adults/$20 for Academy members. Intersection for the Arts, 925 Mission Street, calacademy.org/brilliantscience
- Big Bang: Major donor dinner at the new California Academy of Sciences
- Creeping, Crawling Snakes & Lizards Come to the Academy of Sciences Next Week
- 'Tis the Season for Science at the California Academy of Sciences
- 'Tis the Season for Science at the California Academy of Sciences!
- Extinction Burst: Dance of the Dead at California Academy of Sciences