Cougars Pounce on Palo Alto for National Cougar Convention
Stanford grad students and sub-25 Silicon Valley techies be warned (or get ready for some free cocktails). Cougars (defined by the Urban Dictionary as: "Noun. A 35+ year old female who is on the "hunt" for a much younger, energetic, willing-to-do-anything male") from all across the country will descend on the Dinah's Garden Hotel in Palo Alto on August 28 for--get this--the nation's inaugural National Single Cougars Convention.
The gathering is sponsored by the Society of Single Professionals and wait for it...American Laser Centers. Hot. The event will feature appetizers by Trader Vics (naturally), the crowning of the first Miss Cougar USA and a keynote address by author Francesca Gentille (@Francescadiva) entitled "Cougar-Luscious: Irresistible Dating and Relating for Older Women and Younger Men."
Here's a little essential listening to get you prepped:
- Photos From The National Cougar Convention
- Palo Alto's James Franco on Creating Cinematic Poetry as Ginsberg in 'Howl'
- Jennifer Siebel Newsom on Advice for This Year's Graduates, 'Miss Representation' and SF Small Business Week
- Impress Lonely Planet, National Geo, Win Your Dream Vacation
- Outside Lands Video: The National