Killing My Lobster Skewers SF Food Culture
Despite being named after such a delicious crustacean, it took Killing My Lobster more than a decade to haul their patented brand of quirky sketch comedy into the kitchen. Now that they’ve hit the pantry, their repertoire has expanded to include a bacon dominatrix (rather than the more obvious...stripper?) (sorry) (yeah, I’m not sorry at all), a warbling fish taco, and a man romancing his cake.
From foie gras to cheeseburgers, Killing My Lobster tenderly roasts San Francisco legends like Chinatown cooks, the Tamale Lady, and the ever-raging hipster coffee battle: Blue Bottle versus Ritual. Not to mention the burritos. San Franciscans get very heated about which taqueria rolls the best burrito.
Calling us out on our (well-deserved and entirely warranted) devotion to food, Killing My Lobster will make you hungry - and not just for lobster with garlic butter this time.
Through October 3. Zeum Theater, 221 Fourth Street. Tickets are $10-20 at killingmylobster.com/tix/mayo.
- Killing My Lobster's "Reboots" To Skewer Tech-Heads
- Killing My Lobster’s The Whole Megillah
- KMLZ: Killing My Lobster and Z Space in a One-Night-Only Sketch Variety Show
- Killing My Lobster's "Twilight Zone: SF" Video Wonders Why No One In The City Works
- Last Weekend to Catch Killing My Lobster Conquers the Galaxy