The Nightman Cometh to SF
The Nightman Cometh, the beloved mock-musical from FX's It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia kicked off its live tour Tuesday night in Boston and is now onto New York and Philadelphia (where the show takes place) before it makes its way westward to our fair Nob Hill Masonic Center on September 24. You can tell how hot a show is by its Craigslist presence, and this one's got the boards buzzing. It's also a trending topic on Twitter.
The musical, where the show's cast (Charlie Day, Kaitlin Olson, Glenn Howerton, Rob McElhenney and Danny DeVito) performs Charlie's musical The Nightman Cometh from Season Four (which acts as an elaborate - and failed - marriage proposal for his love interest, The Waitress) is an impressive publicity stunt for the fifth season of the popular FX comedy, which premieres tonight.
So get on Craigslist and snatch up some tickets. There's no excuse for missing Danny DeVito in troll-gear.
Check out this Nightman Cometh rehearsal clip.
- The Nightman Cameth and Wenteth
- Jennifer Siebel Newsom on Advice for This Year's Graduates, 'Miss Representation' and SF Small Business Week
- Always Business, Never Personal: Steven Soderbergh's 'Girlfriend Experience'
- San Francisco is Number 1, Again
- Let Your Holiday Freak Flag Fly: SantaCon is Coming to Town