The Big Sweet: 50 Treats to Eat Before You Die
Click here for a printable version
1. Lemon cream tart at Tartine Bakery and Cafe, 600 Guerrero St.
2. Alfajores from Sabores del Sur, Alemany Farmers Market
3. Coconut tapioca at The Slanted Door, Ferry Building Marketplace
4. Hot chocolate at Christopher Elbow, 401 Hayes St.
5. Lemon cookie ice cream at Three Twins Ice Cream, 254 Fillmore St.
6. Ginger cake with pumpkin ice cream at Chow, 215 Church St.
7. Vietnamese coffee ice cream at Humphry Slocombe, 2790 Harrison St.
8. Toffee cake at Starbelly, 3583 16th St.
9. Peanut butter sandwich cookie at 'Wichcraft, 868 Mission St.
10. Chocolate-coconut cookies from Kitchenette, 958 Illinois St.
11. Honey cakes from Kika’s Treats, 2565 Third St.
12. Salty-sweet cashew bar from Charles Chocolates, 845 Market St.
13. Old-fashioned chocolate cake with Italian meringue frosting at Miette, Ferry Building Marketplace
14. Made-to-order vanilla soufflé at Canteen, 817 Sutter St.
15. Coconut rice pudding from Loving Cup, 2356 Polk St.
16. Macarons from Paulette Macarons*
17. Cheesecake from Zanze’s, 2405 Ocean Ave
18. Maple-honey caramels from Sweet Revolution (pictured above), 2565 Third St.
19. Egg tart from Golden Gate Bakery, 1029 Grant Ave.
20. Any truffle from Michael Recchiuti, Ferry Building Marketplace
21. Coconut cupcake at Kara’s Cupcakes, 3249 Scott St.
22. Burnt caramel tiles from Poco Dolce, 2419 Third St.
23. Vacherin at Coco 500, 500 Brannan St.
24. Salted Caramel Ice Cream at Bi-Rite Creamery, 3692 18th St.
25. Spiced chocolate donuts from Dynamo Donut, 2760 24th St.
26. Butterscotch and chocolate pot de crème at Town Hall, 342 Howard St.
27. Canelés at Mission Beach Cafe, 198 Guerrero St.
28. Chocolate budino tart at A16, 2355 Chestnut St.
29. TCHO chocolate bar (plain and simple), Pier 17
30. Fortune cookies (with customized fortunes) from Golden Gate Fortune Cookies, 56 Ross Alley
31. Mochi from Benkyodo, 1747 Buchanan St.
32. Panna cotta at Delfina, 3621 18th St.
33. Ube ice cream from Mitchell’s, 688 San Jose Ave.
34. Most anything made by pastry chef Melissa Chou at Aziza, 5800 Geary Blvd.
35. Coffee crunch cake at Yasukochi’s Sweet Stop, 1790 Sutter St.
36. Toffee-chip cookies at Anthony’s Cookies, 1417 Valencia St.
37. Espresso granita at Zuni Café, 1658 Market St.
38. Clairesquare from Clairesquares, At Avedano’s, 235 Cortland Ave.
39. Mango-chile paleta from a cart at Dolores Park
40. Any flavor of the week at Scream Sorbet, At local farmers markets and 5030 Telegraph, Oakland.
41. Chocolate shake at Whiz Burger, 700 S. Van Ness Ave.
42. Mini palmiers from La Boulange, 2325 Pine St.
43. Swiss-orange-chip ice cream at Swensen’s, 1999 Hyde St.
44. Shortbread from Arizmendi Bakery, 1331 Ninth Ave.
45. Chocolate-hazelnut pizza at Gialina Pizzeria, 2842 Diamond St.
46. Baklava ice cream at Kokkari, 200 Jackson St.
47. Brillat Savarin soufflé at Range, 842 Valencia St.
48. The candy cart at Masa’s, 648 Bush St.
49. “Kracker Jax” from Public House (pictured above), 24 Willie Mays Plaza
50. S’more Brownie at Citizen Cake*
View 50 Treats to Eat Before You Die in a larger map.
* Unfortunatley these businesses have since closed. Stay tuned for a new and improved Big Sweet coming soon.