ICHI Sushi Opens Tonight In the Outer Mission
Roll fanatics, take note. ICHI Sushi, the brainchild of Tim and Erin Archuleta, is opening its Outer Mission brick-and-mortar restaurant tonight! Though the restaurant is a first for the duo, they cut their teeth first with a catering venture before later opening Lucky Cat Deli at 331 Cortland. Insiders know Ichi is also responsible for the Monday night sushi at Bender's.
Eaters can expect what head chef Tim Archuleta excels at: a traditional sushi bar loaded with fresh ingredients and a super seasonal menu of Izakaya-style Japanese plates like yuzu chicken wings, beef tataki and a seared pork dish with daikon kim chee. If you're thirsty they'll have Asahi and the 21st Amendment Hell or High Watermelon on tap, as well as wine both on tap (!), and by the glass. Oh, and tons of sake. We've even heard tell of ramen being added to the menu as soon as winter sets in!
The cozy 24-seat restaurant will be the first dedicated Japanese restaurant in an area where foodies flock to the likes of Blue Plate and Emmy's Spaghetti Shack. Drop by Sunday through Thursday from 5-10 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays until 11 p.m.
ICHI Sushi, 3369 Mission St. @ Godeus, (415) 525-4750.
- Just Like Heaven? Beer and Artisan Cheese Pairing at Social Kitchen & Brewery Tonight
- Oktoberfest Around the Bay: Where to Drink, Eat Brats and Polka
- 21st Amendment's Spring Tweet: A Beer to Tweet About
- Belgian Style Meets SF Beer at Magnolia and 21st Amendment
- Pop-Up Pear Orchard in Union Square to Benefit Meals On Wheels Tonight