Liquor.com: SF Bartending Stars Compete to Mix the Best Negroni
It seems like everyone's on a Negroni kick lately, but to make one perfectly, you need a good gin, sweet vermouth, and Campari. Our friends at Liquor.com challenged some of SF's best bartenders from watering holes like Marco Dionysos from Smuggler's Cove and Rye, Erik Adkins from Heaven's Dog, and Ryan Fitzgerald and Vince Lund from Beretta to mix up the best Negroni they could to determine which gins and sweet vermouths are prime. Read about the results here, and mix up your own Negroni with the winning recipe.
• 1 oz Campari
• 1 oz Gin (Beefeater, Plymouth or Tanqueray)
• 1 oz Sweet vermouth (Martini & Rossi Rosso or Cinzano Rosso)
• Garnish: Orange slice
• Glass: Old fashioned
Add all the ingredients to an old fashioned glass filled with ice and stir until cold. Garnish with an orange slice.
- Top Chef Masters' Rick Bayless Mixes Up the Party-Perfect Summer Margarita
- Liquor.com: How to Drink Like A European
- Liquor.com: Red Wine Cocktails for the Winter Cold
- Melt The SF Summer Chill: A Whiskey Cocktail Recipe from Beretta's Ryan Fitzgerald
- R Bar Makes Liquor.com's List of Bartender-Approved Drinking Holes