Try 30 Breweries' Suds in Berkeley This Saturday
SF Beer Week is getting close, but for fans of craft beer who are having those little-kid-on-December-23 pangs, The Brewing Network is offering a pretty swell warmup. This Saturday, they'll be taking over Civic Center Park (just two blocks from the Downtown Berkeley BART) for their annual Winter Brews Festival, a full-scale beerfest. Over 30 world-class brewers, from Magnolia to Lagunitas, will be in attendance, offering samples of their latest and greatest.
If you're already circling Saturday in red on your calendar, be sure to head over to their pre-sale site, where tickets are $35 (they're $40 on-site). Every ticket includes unlimited pours and a commemorative glass, and proceeds will go to benefit two local charities: the Coral Reef Alliance, and BAD RAP, a pit bull rescue and advocacy group. For those who want to bring their dogs, kids, or teetotaling friends, there's also a free art, food, and music component of the festival, which will be taking place right next door to the beer garden.
- Marin Brew Co. and Moylan's Bringing Together 50 Craft Breweries for Breast Cancer Fundraiser at Fort Mason
- This Saturday: Food, Drink, and Pairing with Widmer Brewing
- Free He'Brew Beer Tastings at 'Craft Beer Bar Mitzvah' Readings This Week
- A Collaboration Is Brewing: Meet "Life & Limb" Beer
- Support Our NorCal Brews in the Washington Post's Beer Madness