Style Tips for the New Economy
Tomorrow night, a group of local fashion industry experts will try to prove that personal style need not become one more victim of the “new” (meaning awful) economy. Needless to say, we’re intrigued.
Going the Extra Mile: Styling Tips & Tricks for a New Economy brings a panel that includes Michelle Sterling of Global Image Group and Sterling Style Academy, Wardrobe 911’s Teresa Morisco, Milo Models founder Jade Hall and others together for a two-hour session emphasizing those everyday little changes one can make to look current, put together and professional without, say, hiring a stylist to help you buy a whole new wardrobe.
“We’re going to actually take someone at random from the audience and do a mini makeover,” says Y’Anad Burrell, regional director for event sponsor Fashion Group International, San Francisco.
Along with channeling their inner Stacy London, the event will offer a Q&A session so attendees can pepper the panel with questions of their own.
**Note: The venue for this event has changed since this post was originally published. It will now take place at the Art Institute's location at 10 United Nations Plaza on the 4th floor.
- What: Going the Extra Mile: Styling Tips & Tricks for a New Economy
- Where: Art Institute of California, 10 United Nations Plaza, 4th floor, San Francisco
- When: 6-8 p.m., Jan. 28
- Cost: $20 at the door; $10 for students and FGI members
- 2 Style Showdowns Have Local Bloggers, Stylists & Designers Vying for Fashion Dominance
- Sunglass Purchasing Tips from Angelina's Stylist, Jennifer Rade
- One Killer Rack: Bianca Starr Debuts Stylist Boutique
- A Perfect Glow Job: Tips from San Francisco’s Self-Tanning Queen
- 7 Makeup Tips from Robert Williams