When Crafting Goes Wrong: It's Regretsy
In yesterday's post we ruminated on the joys of crafting, so it seems only fitting today to look at its more shameful side. Yes, as Henry van Dyke said "the great woods would be very quiet if no birds sang but those who sang best", but there are some birds that should perhaps be put out of their misery. Case in point, the handmade objects found at Regretsy. Spend enough time searching craft fairs or Etsy stores and you're bound to come across some truly beautiful work, or - every so often - a true abomination. Thanks to the kind hearts at Regretsy, you can now find all of the latter in one handy site. Laugh, stare, shudder in horror at the compilation of handmade atrocities, and should anything tickle your fancy, just click on that giant condom pillow or childbirth education doll pattern and you'll be directed to the seller's store where you can procure your very own. After all it's almost time for the holidays, and nothing says "Merry Christmas!" like a leather daddy chihuahua welcome sign under the tree.
- When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong: Sundance Standout 'Four Lions' Makes Bay Area Debut with South Asian Film Festival
- Local Etsy Love: Fabric from Swanky Swell
- 4 Bay Area Etsy Shops We're Into
- Shop (and Drink) for a Good Cause at Etsy's Handmade Ho Down
- SF Graphic Design Exhibit at Museum of Craft+Design