The Whole Enchihuahua: A Cinco de Mayo Chihuahua Party in Dolores Park This Sunday
You wouldn't know it from Taco Bell commercials and perezhilton.com, but California chihuahuas have hit some rough times. The Golden State has a massive overpopulation of chihuahuas, so much so that Virgin America has chartered flights of them out of California to New York for adoptions, where they're apparently in higher demand.
With Cinco de Mayo around the corner, 7x7 and the SF SPCA are doing what we can for the little guys by throwing them a party in Dolores Park this Sunday, May 1. We're calling it The Whole Enchihuahua because it's big time. We're talking a chihuahua meet-up and adoption booth, a Cinco de Mayo-themed doggie costume contest, SF mariachi band Trio Sol de America and all your favorite Off the Grid food trucks.
But it's the dog costume contest where you'll really go home big. The prize for the winning Cinco de Mayo dog costume includes 2 tickets from Virgin America, a 2 night stay at the Hotel Monaco, 2 tickets to Grub Crawl and a Pet Portrait Session from Nuena Photography.
Read the full details here and come out to party with 7x7, the SF SPCA and a gaggle of dressed-up chihuahuas this Sunday from 1-4pm. Arriba!
- Frida Kahlo and Other Dog Costume Awesomeness from The Whole Enchihuahua in Dolores Park
- Photos: The Whole Enchihuahua 2012 in Dolores Park with the SF SPCA
- The Whole Enchihuahua 2013: Join us in Dolores Park on May 18th
- Don't Miss The Whole Enchihuahua, This Saturday in Dolores Park!
- The Whole Enchihuahua 2012 in Dolores Park on June 2nd