A Look Into the Design Ideas Behind The Mission's Public Works
I've been frequenting Public Works, when my schedule allows, since it's opening party in September of last year. A few weeks later I asked Tyrone Tramner and manager Jeff Whitmore for a look into the design ideas behind Public Works. Started and designed by the main shareholders and former owners of the San Francisco venue Mighty, the motive of Public Works was to offer a community space reflective of the real needs and desires of the surrounding creative commonwealth.
Public Works provides artists no-cost studio space and residencies as well as a gallery for rotating art shows and a portion of the earnings go to non-profit organizations in the area. Read more...
- Photos: Surfbreak Rentals' Launch Party at Public Works
- 'Undressed' at Public Works: Nakedness, More Nakedness and Some Badass Native American Girl-Power
- Mission Workshop Offers Bags, Beer, BBQ and Art Today After Work
- Look of the Week: Gift Ideas for the Hip Bay Area Mom
- Public Works: New Art Comes to the Mission