Seven Favorite Things: Ali Golden
With a name like her's, how could Bay Area designer Ali Golden's work not be as good as gold?
Last fall, Ali Golden, opened a workspace/shop in Oakland's hip Temescal Alley microhood. Since then, she's been unstoppable. Originally a graphic designer, Golden studied at FIDM SF, where she fell in love with patternmaking. Now, her focus is on creating flowy, effortless basics with supremely flattering fits.
We're currently obsessed with the red silk crepe that's scattered throughout her collection (#4, #7), including a gorgeous limited-edition maxi skirt (#1). The made-to-order (based on your measurements!) collared maxi-dress (#5) is another key piece that will take you right into fall -- and Golden's first full collection, Fall/Winter 2012, which hits stores this August.
1. Ali Golden Maxi Skirt, $138
2. Ali Golden Button-Up Tunic, $179
3. Ali Golden Sheer Maxi Skirt, $93
4. Ali Golden Cropped Scoop-Neck, $173
5. Ali Golden Maxi Dress With Collar, $245
6. Ali Golden Wrap Sweater, $115
7. Ali Golden V-Neck Tunic, $194
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, and works as a freelance stylist and apparel designer.
- Seven Favorite Things: Thanksgiving Outfits from Fancy French Cologne
- Seven Favorite Things: Spring Menswear from Acrimony + ACRE/SF
- Seven Favorite Things: Chloe Rose's Newly-Launched Website
- Seven Favorite Things: Unionmade Semi-Annual Sale
- Seven Favorite Things: D-Structure's New Online Shop + Two Must-Attend Events