Street Style Report: Red Done Right in Nob Hill
Last week we spotted Melissa Carpio on her way to happy hour in Nob Hill. We love how the Sacramento native balanced firey red with cool gray, white and black for this ultra chic office-to-evening look.
What she wore: White Everlane t-shirt; Mossimo long cardigan, purchased from Target; Red Madewell pencil skirt; Philip Lim for Target black leather tote; J Crew bracelet; Van Cleef and Arpels ring, purchased from Neiman Marcus; Topshop black leather sandals; OPI "Red Lights Ahead...Where?" nail polish, done at Utoepia; Haircut by Mick Karvasales at diPietro Todd Salon.
Melissa's style tip: "Balance is key. You never want to look overdone or like you've spent hours getting ready. Keep a couple of details casual and you'll always look effortlessly stylish. I follow the same rules with makeup, too."
On her want list: "A Sara Barner 'Morrison' tote, Salvatore Ferragamo Varina nude flats, Heath serving bowl and a set of John Vogel chairs."
Seven Questions for Melissa:
1. What's sexy?
Weathered hands, a witty sense of humor and fresh laundry.
2. What products do you swear by?
Becca Cosmetics Tinted Moisturizer and Shimmer Skin Perfector, Fresh Sugar Petal tinted lip treatment (I use it on my lips and cheeks!), Neutrogena Sheer Dry-Touch sunscreen, Kerastase Nectar Thermique.
3. What was your childhood dream?
When I was little, I loved ice skating and wanted to be a figure skater. Kristi Yamaguchi was my idol.
4. What's one thing every girl should own?
Nude-colored shoes -- whether they're pumps or flats -- elongate your legs!
5. What's on your bucket list?
Start a book club, run a marathon, bake more desserts & eat more cheese.
6. What's your drink of choice?
Hot chocolate from Cocabella by day. Champagne anything or a Brass Check at Local Edition by night.
7. What's your SF Top 5?
-B. Patisserie Valrhona fudge cookie.
-Grilled Thuringer Bratwurst at Walzwerk.
-Green Apple Books.
-Abalone at Benu.
-Solage Spa in Calistoga.
Lily Ko (lily7x7 @gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily works as a freelance stylist, writer, and designer.
- Street Style Report: Red Done Right in Nob Hill
- Street Style Report: A Jeremy's Buyer Shows Us Four Spring Looks, in Nob Hill
- Street Style Report: Faux Fur, Purple Suede & Marc Jacobs, in Lower Nob Hill
- Street Style Report: Four Stylish Halloween Looks in Nob Hill
- Real Estate Report: Untouched for Decades, Nob Hill Penthouse Sells for $7M