This Week in Fashion: Fashion's Night Out, Thursday 9/8
Next Thursday, Fashion's Night Out will sweep the globe once more - and hit SF harder than ever - with their third annual after-hours shop-a-thon. Over 40 stores across the city will hold special evening hours full of celebrity apperances, new fall collections, steep discounts, and much more. Here are our top picks for FNO SF.
1. 7x7 + Neiman Marcus (150 Stockton St.), 6pm-8pm, Free, RSVPSanFrancisco@NeimanMarcus.com
See models sporting fall trends, and view work by students from the Academy of Art University, as you munch on Mission Minis cupcakes and other treats. Also, shop super-luxe cashmere at the Loro Piana trunk show and partake in Hanky Panky's DIY thong event. Let's not forget beauty -- get the latest scoop on tresses from Cinta Salon, and receive an exclusive Neiman Beauty Tote (loaded with goodies, of course!), free with a cosmetics purchase of $100+.
2. Macy's (170 O'Farrell St.), 5pm-8pm, Free
You love his shoes, but will you love his Ready to Wear? Kick off the evening with the launch of Vince Camuto's premier clothing collection. Then, catch Sonja Morgan from The Real Housewives of New York City, for a special meet-and-greet, where the known cougar will demo how to create gourmet meals from a toaster oven.
3. Ali Golden + SF Indie Fashion + Two Birds (1309 Castro St.), 6pm-10pm, free
For a hip, underground experience, celebrate a triple mash-up of SF fashion with local designer Ali Golden, SF Indie Fashion and Two Birds. Get a peek at Golden’s latest work, catch DJ Ry Toast spining it up, and enjoy 10% off all purchases.
4. Saks Fifth Avenue (384 Post St.), 6pm–8pm, free
Here's all we'll say for now—the night involves local fashion bloggers, styled mannequins, music, and makeovers. Our very own Samantha Durbin will be there. Check out her full post on the event next Wednesday.
5. Bloomingdale's (845 Market St.), various events all day, free
Get an exclusive sneak peek into NBC’s new fall shows: Whitney, The Playboy Club, Prime Suspect, Up All Night, and Free Agents. Snap and share your photo with virtual characters from NBC’s fall lineup for a chance to win fantastic prizes. Plus, view and shop fall collections by DKNY, Tory Burch, and more. And, enter to win a trip to NYC, courtesy of Stuart Weitzman.
Plus: The official list of FNO SF retailers*:
- 12 Gallagher Lane
- Agent Provocateur
- Alexis Bittar
- Banana Republic
- Ben Sherman
- Betsey Johnson
- Eddie Bauer
- Guess by Marciano
- Jonathan Adler
- Juicy Couture
- Karen Millen
- Kenneth Cole
- Marc by Marc Jacobs
- Marc Jacobs
- Neiman Marcus
- Sak's Fifth Avenue
- Space NK
- Stonestown Galleria
- Ted Baker
- True Religion
- UGG Australia
- Westfied San Francisco Centre stores (The mall is also hosting a cocktail party under the dome from 5:30-7 p.m. Tickets are $10.)
- White House Black Market
*Check Fashion's Night Out's for exact locations and times. Also, check around your favorite local boutiques to see if they're (unofficially) getting in on the action.
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, works as a freelance stylist and covers food, fashion and fun on her blog, Curated SF.
- Look of the Week: Fashion's Night Out + Young & Free at 941Geary
- Look of the Week: Day + Night for SF Cocktail Week This Weekend
- SF Street Style: A Thrifted Leather Jacket, Killer Light Blue Balenciaga Bag + Summer Cut-out Oxfords at Off The Grid
- This Week in Fashion: The Top 5 Events at SF Fashion Week 2011
- This Week's Hottest Events: Fleet Foxes, Fashion's Night Out, and Serge Gainsbourg Tribute Dinner