With slightly warmer weather coming our way, it's time for men to step out and rock some fresh trends. From Indigo dyed to surf inspired, the season change can't come fast enough.
1. Shorts. Shorter-than-ever shorts are set to bare all come the warmer months. Keep it elegant by working something more tailored and, er, conservative on top, like a light trench or a shawl collar sweater. LG says: He’s got legs!
2. Indigo. The blues dominate again, and in exaggerated ways—hello, suits. It’s a bit of history repeating, but ultimately good news for SF-slash-everyone. LG says: "A denny suit? Um, yeah."
3. Robes. The sensual man made a big play on the Milan runways, with several references to ballet. If a unitard and slippers is going a bit too far, the après-dance robe look is more moderate. It’s ballet season, after all. LG says: "Ballerinos are babes."
4. Onesies. The mechanic look is happening. Whether it’s party time or work time, this is one easy outfit. Confidence required. LG says: "Take it to Burning Man."
5. Surf. Psychedelic surf culture is riding a big wave, perhaps under the influence of John Severson’s Surf book, released this past fall. No double takes in Ocean Beach! Take it to Mollusk Surf Shop. LG says: "Haute Spicoli"
6. Suede. The ’70s are having a moment, and so is the decade’s fabric of choice. Look for suede outerwear, like a bomber or jean jacket, to freshen up your kit. LG says: "Bullitt, hello!"
7. Normcore. Last year’s instant meme, Normcore blurs the line between naïvete and intention. Shower slides with socks, dad jeans, cotton turtlenecks, and sweats are at the heart of the trend. SF basically is normcore—the fashion world is just catching up. LG says: "Ironic or innocent?"