Okay, we fully acknowledge that man sandals (sometimes referred to as mandals) are tough to wear. That said, when done correctly -- even with simple flip-flops -- they can make a summer look that much better.
Sandals are comfortable, easy to pull on and take off, they offer that sublimely casual appeal that goes with summer, and they're certainly the answer for men who won't go sockless with loafers or lace-ups. The things to watch out for are sandals that are too chunky, downright ugly, overly athletic, or ill-fitting. (While you may want a little wiggle room in your closed-toed kicks, sandals should fit correctly pretty exactly.)
Guys, here are seven styles that actually work in your favor.
1. Steve Madden Reston Huarache Sandal, $85
2. Salvatore Ferragamo Brenta Sandals, $280.99
3. Birkenstock Riva Slide, $119.95
4. John Varvatos Star USA Chelsea Thong Sandals, $145
5. Bacco Bucci Kovalchuck Sandal, $104.90
6. To Boot New York Kismet Sandal, $146.29
7. To Boot New York Ocean Beach Slide, $175
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is on the creative team at Pottery Barn, and also works as a freelance stylist and apparel designer.