Last week at the Ferry Building, I spotted Sophie and Kelley Hoang -- sisters with two very different styles. Sophie, who was in town from Huntington Beach, had a very LA, beachy-hip look going, while her Kelley was more appropriately dressed for the ever unpredicatble weather we're blessed with in SF.
What Sophie's wearing: Coral t-shirt from Joe's, and vintage black and white printed pants. Vivienne Tam perforated, open-front jacket, purchased from Loehmann's. Steve Madden embellished sandals, Ray Ban aviators, collected bracelets, and a Michael Kors watch and bag.
7 Style Questions for Sophie:
1. Which makeup products you can you not live without?
Fresh Foundation, Smashbox lipgloss in Infinite and Kat Von D eyeliner.
2. In your eyes, what's trending right now?
I love maxi dresses, but its all about the long skirts now!
3. Which 'hoods have the best shopping in SF?
Union Square is the best for chain stores, Fillmore St. has great boutiques (and Betsey Johnson!), and I love finding little trinkets and accessories everywhere!
5. What fashion blogs are on your daily radar?
6. What are the hottest pair of shoes in your closet right now?
My Jeffrey Campbell Litas in wine. I am obsessed with them!
7. What's more important, hair or makeup?
Hair! A great hairdo and natural makeup can still make your look finished.
What Kelley's wearing: Hat by Baron Hats, purchased at American Apparel. T-shirt by Alternative Apparel, purchased from Urban Outfitters. Light pink Forever 21 knit poncho, J Brand Jeans, purchased from Singer22, and Steve Madden Intyce boots in Congac. Fringe and stud bag from Mango, purchased in Madrid, Spain. Earrings and bracelets: gifted and from SF street vendors.
7 Style Questions for Kelley:
1. Which make-up products do you swear by?
Aquaphor -- you can put it on anything! And Dior mascara.
2. Chocolate or mascara?
3. What are your go-to shops?
LF, Betsy Johnson, Aritzia, Zara.
4. Who do you think has great style?
Rachel Bilson and Kate Bosworth always look so effortlessly amazing.
5. Which fashion blogs can you not get enough of?
6. What shoes are you obsessed with?
Jeffrey Campbell, denim with a chunky high heel. Perfect for summer!
7. If you could buy anything right now, what would it be?
Louboutins! And an Alexander Wang bag.
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, works as a freelance stylist and covers food, fashion and fun on her blog, Curated SF.