In 2016, we wooed, persuaded, and stalked the Bay Area's most talented chefs to convince them to share the recipes for their restaurants' signature dishes. Here are the 20 recipes our readers dug the most, compiled into an ultimate cookbook for your at-home culinary pleasure.
Plow's Lemon Ricotta Pancake Recipe
You don't really taste ricotta in Maxine Siu's lemon ricotta pancake, but you do notice an above average fluff, and the delicate touch of powdered sugar, cut by a gentle bite of tart lemon.
Plow's brunch-time griddled cakes are so popular they're on the lunch menu.
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
1 1/4 pounds ricotta (preferably house made)
2 tablespoons organic cane sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
Zest of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons lemon juice
5 eggs, separated
1 1/3 cups flour
1/4 pound butter, melted
1. Combine the ricotta, sugar, vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice with egg yolks only and mix well.
2. Add melted butter and flour and mix until just incorporated.
3. Beat egg whites to stiff peaks and fold into ricotta mixture.
4. Cook on medium heat on the griddle with a touch of oil. These pancakes don't bubble, so flip them when they're a nice golden brown.
5. Cook the other side to the same color, then flip and cook on first side for a couple more minutes. They should spring back to the touch.
This recipe was originally published in 2013.