Me Look Pretty One Day, Thanks to L'Oreal App
The day before the 4th of July, an even greater explosion of color and brilliance occurred here at 7x7 HQ. We are, of course, talking makeup—virtual makeup, that is. No longer would we have to find the perfect drag mother to help us paint our face to trashy perfection. Instead, we turned to Makeup Genius by L'Oreal.
What this nifty app does, as you can see, is instantly slap makeup onto your face in real-time via a "magic mirror," all of it done right on your smartphone. You can create looks from a sundry of assorted blushes, lipsticks, and eye shadows and liners, or simply apply expertly-curated makeup looks.
Unlike similar makeup apps, the face paint even follows your face as you move and make expressions. Yahoo notes, rather dryly: "The app was born in L’Oreal USA’s Connected Beauty Incubator, a branch of the makeup giant devoted to technological applications for its cosmetics." And according to 7x7 senior editor Leilani Marie Labong, "It's the greatest thing I've experienced in my life, ever." Indeed.
You can even save video and images of your tarted-up visage. (Perfect for texting with dad, gentlemen.) Download it here IMMEDIATELY.
- This Week's Hottest Events: Lit King Jonathan Franzen, PARK(ing) Day, Paramore and More
- This Week's Hottest Events: Of Montreal, Bike to Work Day, and Chelsea Handler
- This Week's Hottest Events: "Photographs," Pi Day, and Trisha Brown Dance
- This Week's Hottest Events: Summer Beer School, Bastille Day, & More
- This Week's Hottest Events: Eddie Vedder, Bastille Day, and When Harry Met Sally