Lowering the Bar: 5 Places to Drink for Cheap (or Free) This Week
Each week, we bring you our top picks for the best places to booze on the cheap in SF.
1. Yuppie Friday at Enrico's: While we find it somewhat dubious that anyone wants to be referred to as a yuppie (even those who fit the description), youthful professionalism seems to come in handy for negotiating drink deals. For $15, attendees get two drinks, entrance in a raffle with numerous prizes, and a live jazz/funk band. Plus, all the proceeds go to the San Francisco Community Fund. More info here. (Friday, August 13th, 5-7:30 pm, at Enrico's, 504 Broadway, North Beach.)
2. American Craft Council 5 After 5: As part of this weekend's American Craft Council show, LTB favorite Etsy Labs is hosting a special craft bar. For $5, participants can enjoy a wine tasting, make flower pins, sew a "hipster robot," and generally get their make on. The complete show collection will also be available for browsing and purchase. (Friday, August 13th, 5-8 pm, at Fort Mason Center Festival Pavilion, Marina.)
3. The Fizz at El Rincon: The organizers of the Saturday Mission Fever party, which we recently featured, are expanding to two days a week with a new shindig, The Fizz. Dance to DJs, drink $2 PBRs and well drinks until midnight, embrace the cheap. (Tuesdays, 9 pm-2 am, at El Rincon, 2700 16th St., Mission.)
4. Iron Cactus' Taco Tuesdays: The hip SOMA taqueria, convenient to AT&T Park, is yet another victim of the alliterative charm of Taco Tuesday. (Why is there no such thing as Taco Thursday?) Coronas are $2, tacos are $1, and anyone looking to associate a day with quesadillas is out of luck. (Tuesdays, 6-9 pm, at the Iron Cactus, 683 4th St.)
5. Sundays at Don Pistos: This upscale North Beach Mexican spot, known for its hamburger "torta" and housemade guacamole, is looking to draw a Sunday crowd with $2 beer and $3 sangria. With prices this good, we won't tell them about their missing apostrophe if you won't. (Sundays, 5:30 pm-12:30 am, at Don Pistos, 510 Union St., North Beach.)