Youthquake: Young SF Native To Debut Collection
We always love an emerging designer in this "youthquake" generation. Stanford alumni Wayne Hwang is showing his first runway collection this Friday, January 22 at the Roe Lounge (651 Howard Street). A design novice he is not -- Hwang has done numerous work under the label W Design for Charity Fashion Show and proven himself as a force in Palo Alto.
"Venus", the title of Hwang's Fall/Winter 2010-2011 collection, is a marriage of love and technology--where soft meets hard. We're told that the color palette will be silver, red, blue, and white. Perhaps a machinists' version of patriotism? We'll have to find out. Run, don't walk, to this Bay Area debut. You never know when and where the next Karl Lagerfeld will arise.
- SF-Native Derek Lam Doing Crowdsourced Collection for eBay
- Academy of Art University Spring 2013 Collection Struts the Runway at NYFW
- This Week in Fashion: Weekend Sales at Cary.Lane and Jeremy's, The Collection + SF Fashion Awards Poolside Show
- Rainy Days: Combat Bland Style
- Former Teacher and SF Resident Kara Laricks Debuts Collection in New York