Outerlands owner Dave Muller recalls that his mother used to make Dutch pancakes for him as a child and it was one of the first dishes he learned to make by himself.
But instead of waiting in line for hours to try Muller's fluffy, signature cakes at his Outer Sunset cafe, you can now skip the line and make them at home with the recipe below. We know what you're doing this weekend.
Outerlands Dutch Pancakes
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup milk
Pinch of salt
1 Tablespoon of butter
1. Preheat a cast iron pan (deep skillet) to 450 degrees in the oven.
2. Place ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend ingredients until smooth. Add another egg if batter has too many clumps.
3. Remove pan from oven, add seasoned butter to pan and melt evenly around the surface and sides, coating the whole interior.
4. Add mixture to pan then bake for 20 minutes or until proofed and golden brown.
5. Remove from pan and top with anything from fresh fruit and powdered sugar to savory herbs and cured meats.