Shop Talk: Conifer Closes, Oakland Vintage in SF, and More Retail News
Bringing you the latest in retail therapy around the Bay Area.
Indie fashion lovers will be sad to hear the news that the impeccably curated boutique Conifer in Cow Hollow is shutting its doors. The silver lining? The 3-year-old store will remain open 24/7 over at conifershop.com. "The location has always been the main challenge because we are off the beaten path of Union Street and many steps up a hill," explains owner Amy Mautz of the Webster Street locale. "Online has grown over the last few seasons, so the timing couldn't be better."
Meanwhile, there are some exciting openings to talk about. Oakland's much-beloved vintage store Pretty Penny has set up shop on the corner of Guerrero and 24th Street (in the former Watermelon Sugar Salon space). Check out the venue's Facebook page for updates on new secondhand arrivals.
Another local shop expanding its reach is designer sample sale emporium Cary Lane, which is celebrating its fifth year in business with a third location, in the Inner Sunset, this spring. Once we get the exact opening date, trust that we'll share it here.
- Talking Shop: 5 New Spots for Retail Therapy
- What's the Deal: Market SF, Ben Sherman, Belljar and more...
- What’s the Deal: ReMade USA, I Spa, Conifer + More
- What’s the Deal: Candystore Collective, Conifer, Urban Outfitters and More
- Party Hop With The Fashion Pack: Welcome Stranger, Martha Davis at Conifer + More