Seven Favorite Things: Simple Japanese Designs from Muji in SoMa
In Japanese "Muji" means "no brand." Aptly named, we love the new-to-San Francisco Japanese retailer for their clean, no-frills designs and practical lifestyle goods.
With over 2,000 products available in their 7,250 square foot, two-story SoMa retail space, it was difficult choosing only seven favorites.
1. Muji Silicon Ice Ball Maker, $11.75
2. Muji Penguin Bowling Set, $19.50
3. Muji Heat Reactive Cityscape Mug, $27.95
4. Muji Foldable Tube Boston Bag, $69.95
5. Muji Silicon Bottle Opener, $6.25
6. Muji Mobile Speaker, $37.50
7. Muji 3D Puzzle Elephant, $12.50
Muji San Francisco (540 9th St.), Monday-Saturday 10:30am-8pm, Sunday 11am-6:30pm; 415-694-5981.
Lily Ko (lily7x7 @gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is on the creative team at Pottery Barn, and works as a freelance stylist, writer, and designer.
- Seven Favorite Things: Women's Spring/Summer Footwear from Gimme Shoes
- Seven Favorite Things: Gifts from Bae Home & Design
- Seven Favorite Things: Gear from PUBLIC Bikes
- Seven Favorite Things: Badass Adventure Gear from Triple Aught Design
- Seven Favorite Things: Spring Menswear from Acrimony + ACRE/SF