SF Street Style: Sitting Pretty in a Vintage Blazer, Brooch + Knee Highs in Union Square
I spotted Severine Arend, a photographer, who lives in North Beach, sitting pretty in Union Square. I wouldn't say her outfit is earth-shattering, but her brooch did catch my eye. This photo is more about the enitre scene though--it was strange not seeing anyone moving up and down the stairs, and Severine was just sitting there--quiet and lovely.
What She's Wearing: Rayban Wayfarer sunglasses, cream Kimchi Blue blouse, mother's vintage Jones New York jacket, Thomas Sabo long chain with feather/tooth purchased in Luxembourg, short necklace with vintage pendant, vintage face brooch from mother, Levi's vintage cut offs, American Apparel red knee highs, Bass light brown double buckle monk strap flats, backpack from Fjällräven, purchased in Berlin.
7 Style Questions for Severine:
1. What is your style philosophy?
It sounds all too cliché, but be true to yourself. Never feel pressured to fit in, remain stubborn about what you like, even if people might disagree with your fashion taste.
2. Who are some of your favorite designers?
Sonia Rykiel, Vivienne Westwood, Zadig et Voltaire, Hanna Bernhard, Abraxas Rex, Miu Miu, Balenciaga.
3. What's one accessory you can't live without?
My iPod. Zoning out keeps me zen.
4. What's your biggest fashion pet peeve?
My eyes seem to drift downward at a person's shoes, the wrong shoe does have the power to destroy an outfit.
5. What inspires your outfits every morning?
The weather can truly make or break an outfit, especially here in San Francisco, where a word to the wise is definitely layers. Depending on what activity I've planned for that day, that will influence my decision, but I always like to keep it comfy, mix and match.
6. Where are you hanging out right now?
I lean towards dive bars such as Delirium, Molotov's, or Whiskey Thieves. The Elbo Room has a great ambiance to hang out with friends, too.
- SF Street Style: European Family Style at Off The Grid
- SF Street Style: A Modern Ad Man Shows Us Four Spring Looks, in The Mission
- SF Street Style: Best Friends with Distinctly Different Styles in Union Square
- SF Street Style: Rockabilly Sweet at Bettie Page in the Haight
- SF Street Style: Sisters in Beachy-Hip and Boho-Chic Looks at the Ferry Building