This Week in Fashion: The Tropics Grand Opening, Indie Mart Returns, Jonathan Rising Collection Preview, 'What I Wore' Book Debut + More
1. Waller Block Garage Sale and Craft Show on Waller St. (Waller St. between Fillmore and Steiner), Saturday July 16, 11am-4pm.
Talk about community and strong neighborhoods in SF! The Waller St. hood is teaming up for a 15 unit garage sale with 5 craft vendors this Saturday. You'll find everything from furniture to leather wallets to fine art -- new and used -- at bargain prices.
2. The Tropics Grand Opening at The Tropics (727 Leavenworth St.), Saturday July 16, 7pm-10pm.
SF based artist, Hannah Stouffer, is opening a small, highly curated boutique in the Tenderloin. The artist is stocking many of her own collaborations, along with other artist-printed good from lines like Blood is the New Black, Living Proof and Juxtapoze. Check out the new space and all of the goods, this Saturday, at the launch party.
3. Jonathan Rising Collection Preview at 440 Brannan Studio Showroom (440 Brannan St.), Thursday July 21, 5pm-10pm.
Attend the west coast premier of local designer, Jonathan David Baker's 2011 NYC Fashion Week collection, this Thursday. The incredible, Japanese-inspired knitwear show will be accompanied by a sushi and sake cocktail reception where you can meet the designer, and shop select pieces from the 440 Brannan crew. Trust us, this is one show you don't want to miss.
4. What I Wore Book Debut with Author Jessica Quirk at Azalea (411 Hayes St.), Thursday July 21, 6pm-9pm.
Join fashion blogging sensation, Jessica Quirk, in celebrating the launch of her debut book, What I Wore (named after her insanely popular fashion blog). The intimate evening will include signings, cocktails and 20% off all merchandise at Azalea. Send your RSVP (required) to email@example.com.
5. Viv&Ingrid Now Open at Oxford Hall (2142 Oxford St., Berkeley), open Tuesday-Saturday, 11am-6pm.
Oxford St.'s latest bragging rights go to Viv&Ingrid, a new gift-shop that just opened in Berekely. What started as a jewelry line, Viv&Ingrid is now a storefront that also carries Jonathan Adler desk accesories, Linnea Light's candles, and an array of desireable stationary. This isdDefinitely one to add to your East Bay must-shop list.
6. The Indie Mart at Thee Parkside (1600 17th St.), Sunday July 24, noon-7pm, $3-$20.
Indie Mart returns after a 8-month hiatus, and this time, all proceeds will benefit Indie Mart founder, Kelly Malone's Cancer Fund. Expect mega crafty booths, a make-your-own terrerium station, mad-rad live music, the second annual DIY contest, and a soul/oldies dance competition. If that's not enough, stay for the afterparty at 7:30pm.
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, works as a freelance stylist and covers food, fashion and fun on her blog, Curated SF.
- SF Street Style: Local Jewelry Designers Spotted in Simple Pieces + Great Shoes at New Berkeley Boutique, Viv&Ingrid at Oxford Hall
- Local Etsy Shop We Love: Hannah Stouffer
- This Week in Fashion: Eric Dane at Kiehl's Grand Opening, Heliotrope Celebrates 1 Year, Custom Suiting from PDX + Mad Summer Sales
- This Week in Fashion: Local Designer Camelia Skikos Fall/Winter 2011 Collection + Sunday Fashion Show
- This Week in Fashion: Meet Betsey Johnson, The Bold Italic Pop-Up, Cuts for the Cure + More