Deadly Mushrooms Found in the Bay Area, Transgender on Tinder + More Local News
View from the 52nd floor of 555 California (Courtesy of Spencer Brown and San Francisco Business Times)

Deadly Mushrooms Found in the Bay Area, Transgender on Tinder + More Local News


Let's catch up...

Donald Trump Owns Part of 555 California, Curbed SF

Here's a wonky fact about our President-elect: 555 California, formerly known as the Bank of America Center, is owned in part by the Trump Organization, a corporation controlled and managed by Donald Trump and three of his offspring—Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump, and Eric Trump. To be exact, Trump purchased only 30 percent of San Francisco's second tallest building. The other 70 percent is owned and managed by Vornado Realty Trust. Read more ...

One of World's Deadliest Mushrooms Sprouts in Bay Area, CBS News

One of the world's deadliest mushrooms is sprouting in the San Francisco area, CBS SF Bay Area reported. They look good, smell good and reportedly taste good -- but officials are warning pet owners to keep away from the mushrooms, known as the death cap. Robert Newburne never guessed that a hike with his dog, Koa, last month in the Bay Area's Briones Regional Park would be the canine's last.Read more...

Transgender on Tinder? Now You Can Identify Yourself That Way, New York Times

Tinder, the popular dating app, has updated its options to allow users to choose transgender or gender-nonconforming identities. The move, part of a push against persistent harassment against transgender people on the service, was hailed by community advocates as an important example for other social media platforms. Read more...

The evolution of the peach emojiDaniel Van Boom/CNET

Apple's Peach Emoji Looks Like a Butt Again, World Rejoices, CNET

Fear not, iPhone users, the butt emoji is back. Of course, there is no actual butt emoji -- there are standards and practices against that sort of thing. But Apple's initial iOS 10.2 update changed the peach emoji, a longtime representative of the behind, into less of a butt and into more of an actual peach. That grave wrong, protested around social media, has now been undone. The third beta version of iOS 10.2, released today, brings back the peach we all know and love. Read more...

Hopeful Post-It Notes Appear On 'Walls Of Empathy' At Three SF BART Stations, Post-Election, SFist

Inspired by a subway tunnel in New York that has become an outpouring of grief and messages of support in the wake of the Democalypse last week, walls at three SF BART stations became "Walls of Empathy" Monday, with Post-It notes being shared by sad but defiant San Franciscans. Walls are ready for your messages of hope and empathy at 24th and Mission, 16th and Mission, and Montgomery Street stations, and they already display phrases like, "Lick wounds. Make plan. Rise up." Read more...

Tech Report: Twitter Adds New Options to Curb Abuse, Harassment, KRON4

Twitter, long criticized as a hotbed for online harassment, is expanding ways to curb the amount of abuse users see and making it easier to report such conduct. Twitter said Tuesday that it is expanding a "mute" function that lets people mute accounts they don't want to see tweets from. Now, users will be able to mute keywords, phrases and conversations they don't want to get notifications about. Read more...

Related Articles
Now Playing at SF Symphony
View this profile on Instagram

7x7 (@7x7bayarea) • Instagram photos and videos

From Our Partners