San Francisco Parking Trivia Answers
Answers to the Three-Minute San Francisco Parking Trivia Game!
1) The answer is B)
There were 807,000 people living in SF last year and 1.5 million parking tickets were issued last year.
2) The answer is B)
SF Annual Meter Revenue (FY 2011-12) $47,138,412 SF Parking Ticket Revenue (FY 2011-12) $83,290,024
3) The answer is A)
There are 312 million people in the U.S. and 800 million miles were driven in SF by drivers looking for parking.
4) The answer is A)
There are 466,448 registered vehicles in SF and only 448,000 total publicly-available parking spots (on- and off-street) in SF.
5) The answer is B)
There were 5,825 tickets issued last year for parking in front of a fire hydrant and 23,562 tickets issued for parking on the sidewalk.
6) The answer is B)
There are 54,000 street name signs in SF and 105,000 parking restriction signs.
7) The answer is B)
There are about 7 square miles of pavement in San Francisco and about 40 square miles of unpaved land in San Francisco.
Thanks for playing and remember, 2% of all wagers go to the house.
David LaBua is the author of Finding the Sweet Spot, Founder of VoicePark, the world’s first turn-by-turn voice-guided parking app, and a leader in the sustainable urban mobility movement.
- The Three-Minute San Francisco Parking Trivia Game
- Parking Quiz Answer: Who Gets The Most Parking Tickets in San Francisco Per Year?
- Parking Quiz: How Much Does San Francisco Make From Parking Per Minute?
- Are San Francisco's Parking Restrictions Pro-Dating?
- 161,459 Parking Spots Reported Missing in San Francisco & Other Bizarre Stats