Vintage Jewelry: Sasha Maksutenco Does the Dirty Work for You
We love the thrill of the hunt as much as the next gal, but sometimes you just want what you want when you want it. And this season, we want gorgeous, one-of-a-kind statement jewelry. Enter: Sasha Maksutenco, whose vintage finds are available on her new e-tail site sashamaksvintage.com and (in limited selection) at Russian Hill’s Anica boutique.
An SF stylist and furniture dealer by trade, Maksutenco uses her eye for design to collect gorgeous vintage estate costume pieces in oversized mod, op art and modernist styles. (Think: bib necklaces, shoulder grazing earrings and paperweights doubling as cocktail rings). We’ve got our eye on the handful of designer pieces by Chanel, Lanvin and Yves Saint Laurent. “I try to find unique, on-trend and wearable jewelry at all price points,” she says. Insider tip: Matsutenco restocks Anica’s collection every six to eight weeks and updates her website with new pieces weekly.
- SF Street Style: Blue Pants + a Great Big Smile in the Marina
- Link Love: Joy Bianchi's Couture, Changes on Maiden Lane and more...
- SF Street Style: A Local Stylist Wears Parachute Pants, Vintage + YSL, in the Mission
- SF Street Style: A Mad Hat, Darling Vintage + Must-See YSL Pumps in the Castro
- From Tony Walton to Balenciaga: 7 Fashion Events to Check Out This Week