A Designer Tailors Her Small San Francisco Home for Big Style
Originally published on CaliforniaHomeDesign.com
Catherine Kwong has had a big year. In just 12 months, the interior designer opened her eponymous firm; completed the stylish “Fashion Blogger Studio,” one of the most talked-about rooms in the 2012 San Francisco Decorator Showcase; and married emergency room doctor Brian Kwong. But one (literally) small thing also happened: She renovated a 1,300-square-foot loft in SF’s Jackson Square for herself and her new husband.
When Catherine remodeled her home, she paneled the dining room wall with vintage wine racks, so there would always be a bottle at hand. “Guests can help themselves,” she says. She also personalized a Blu Dot oak-topped dining table by adding gold leaf to the steel legs. “I loved the simplicity of the original table, but it was too off-the-rack for me,” she says.
Click here for more photos and details on Catherine Kwong's stylish renovation!
- Alexa Chung Celebrates Her Second Madewell Collection With a Visit to San Francisco
- Entertaining in Small Apartments: A Big Night Goes Off Without a Hitch
- Design Destination: San Francisco Ferry Building
- Past Meets Present In Deconstructed San Francisco Victorian
- Your Favorite Building in San Francisco, Unveiled