Seven Favorite Things: Women's Wear from Merch
Admittedly a little out of place in Lower Haight (but happily so), Merch continues to be one of our go-to spots for men's and women's clothing, home decor pick-me-ups and clever gifts for all.
Owner Yong Cho left her corporate career at Gap, Inc., to launch Merch two years ago. With unique finds and well stocked with local talent, the shop rivals any local boutique from the Mission to the Marina.
You'll find everything from whimsical to everyday dresses, balanced with a collection of delicate jewelry. Nothing is overdone. If you see something you like, we suggest you jump on it, as items are in limited supply and tend to sell out quickly.
Merch (629 Haight St.), open Mon-Sat: 11am-7pm, Sun: 11am-6pm.
1. Wendy Katlen Colorblock Shift Dress, $148
2. Wendy Katlen Lattice Back Dress, $178
3. Culk Ink. SF Anchor Tank, $24
6. Dear Creatures Porter Dress, $84
Lily Ko (lily7x7 @gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is on the creative team at Pottery Barn, and works as a freelance stylist, writer, and designer.
- Seven Favorite Things: Retro-Inspired Women's Wear from Nooworks
- Seven Favorite Things: Men's Goods from Merch
- Seven Favorite Things: Acrimony & ACRE/SF Women's Wear
- Seven Favorite Things: Uniqlo Men's & Women's Wear + the Scoop on the New Union Square Pop-up!
- Seven Favorite Things: Metier Women's Wear & Trunk Show