Sneak Peek: Styling the Modern Man Presents "Geek-IS-Chic" Makeovers
Last week, our friends Grant Marek (above), editor of Thrillist SF, and Elliot Tomaeno (below), director of communications at Enloop, received mini makeovers to preview the new "Geek-IS-Chic" lounge at this year's Styling the Modern Man (Thursday, 9/15).
Next Thursday, STMM atendees will be invited to watch as local tech hot-shots undergo similar transformations, and get decked out in the latest Levi's duds. Essentially, these "Geek-IS-Chic" makovers aim to update the t-shirt ruled, SF tech-fashion cult into geek-approved casual-chic. We're not saying you can't wear jeans to the office, boys, but it may be time to move those WWDC shirts to the "gym-only" pile.
Styling the Modern Man & Levi's Present: Geek-IS-Chic at the Bently Reserve (301 Battery St.), Thursday September 15, 8pm-9pm.
Photo credit: Anna Lapushner. Hair & Makeup: Edward Rittenhouse. Styling: Helen Adams & Edward Rittenhouse.
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, works as a freelance stylist and covers food, fashion and fun on her blog, Curated SF.
- This Week in Fashion: Shotwell Says Goodbye, McIntoshFry at MAC, Retrofit Turns 1 + Styling the Modern Man
- SF Street Style: A Modern Ad Man Shows Us Four Spring Looks, in The Mission
- This Week in Fashion: Chanel Lovers at Simply Chic, Public Bikes' 1 Year Party, Banana Republic and Trina Turk Fashion Show, Styling the Modern Man + More
- Sneak Peek: New SFMOMA MuseumStore
- Sidewalk Chic: Geek Chic in Union Square