The key to Pizzeria Delfina's refreshing Insalata Tricolore is the lemon vinaigrette. The dressing is so good that the restaurant even bottles and sells the citrusy elixir to their customers. Lucky for us, the pizzeria has decided to share the wealth with an easy-to-make-at-home recipe. Enjoy!
For Lemon Vinaigrette
1 small shallot, finely minced
1 lemons, zested
2 oz lemon Juice
½ oz Champagne vinegar
8 oz pure olive oil
Kosher salt to taste (add salt in small amounts, tasting as you go)
1. Soak shallots and zest in lemon juice and vinegar for 5 minutes.
2. Add in salt and pepper.
3. Slowly stream in oil, whisking vigorously. Adjust seasoning
2 heads endive, cut crosswise into ½” slices
1 head radicchio, cut lengthwise into 1/2” Julliene
baby or wild arugula
Kosher salt pinch
1. Season each lettuce and toss in lemon vinaigrette separately.
2. To plate, arrange the dressed radicchio, endive, and arugula on a bias.
3. Using a peeler, shave thin strips of grana padano over the top of the salad.
Omar Mamoon is the founder of Dough & Co.