Finally, The Perfect Recipe for Grilled Artichokes
Lolinda's grilled artichokes are a must-order. They're perfectly paired with a large cut of meat at the restaurant, and, just in time for summer barbecues, they're also super easy to make at home.
Dip the leaves in a delicious lemon aioli and you have the perfect start to a meal. Fire up the grill!
(Serves 2-4 as a starter)
Two large artichokes
4 Bay leaves
Fresh sprigs of thyme
1. Add lemons, bay leaves, thyme salt and pepper to 1 quart of water.
2. Add artichokes to the water and let steam until they've cooked through about halfway.
3. Cut artichokes in half, lengthwise.
4. Place artichokes cut side down on a wood-fired grill. Grill until artichokes show a nice charr.
5. Brush the artichokes with olive oil and sprinkle Maldon salt over the cut side of the artichokes.
6. Remove from the grill and serve with house aioli and a wedge of lemon.
Lolinda's House Aioli
2 whole eggs
½ cup of olive oil
1 clove of garlic, minced
Juice of half a lemon
1. Whisk together eggs and minced garlic in a bowl
2. Slowly incorporate olive oil into the mixture and season with salt and lemon juice.