As much as we all love to receive gifts during the holidays, the real reward comes when we give back.
With so much going on in the world right now with fires, earthquakes and hurricanes, it can be overwhelming to know where to start. We've put together a list of places where you can offer support and make a difference.
Help North Bay Fire Victims
The devastating North Bay fires left a path of destruction that will take an estimated 5 to 10 years to recover from. Here are ways you can help:
- Donate items through Sonoma County Recovery Recover at sonomacounty.recovers.org
- You can also donate to a variety of local organizations at sonomacounty.recovers.org.
- The Redwood Empire Food Bank is looking for volunteers.
- Sign up to volunteer in Sonoma County at volunteernow.org.
- Hopalong & Second Chance Animal Rescue is in urgent need of animal (especially kittens). Take in a fur baby at hopalong.org/foster.
- You can also donate food, medical care, surgery, daily essentials, and more for animals at donatenow.networkforgood.org/hopalonganimalrescue.
- Send thank you notes to first responders here.
- For more detailed information on specific ways to help, check out the Google doc put together by Petaluma officials.