Burritt Room: Great Cocktails, Great Show Lineup
The revamped Burritt Room, the new Prohibition-style bar hidden away in the Crescent Hotel, is also proving itself to be quite the fine music venue.
All shows are on weekends and are FREE, which means you've got more cash to spend on their tasty seasonal and classic drinks and punches. This past weekend, freewheeling rock bohemians Leopold & His Fiction riled up the slinky, seductive speakeasy's atmosphere.
Here's what else I'm looking forward to this month: this Saturday, the 13th at 8 pm, groove on your barstool to the textured guitar-driven beauty of singer-songwriter Nick Jaina. Friday the 19th at 9 pm, veteran DJ Neil Martinson (who also puts on the Mission Creek Music Festival each year) presents his always-awesome collection of psychedelic bands and music called Smile!, which features local up & coming bands plus vinyl in between. On Saturday the 27th at 9 pm, SF-based ingenious R&B-inflected vintage indie kids the Soft White Sixties, performing with The Street and Babe Shadow will serenade thirsty patrons.
Their December lineup is almost set, so stay tuned for updates!
The Burritt Room is upstairs at the Crescent Hotel, at 417 Stockton Street, (888) 817-9050
- Get A Room: Bars That Rent Private Spaces
- Bridge School Benefit Lineup Announced, And It's A Whirlwind of Great Acts
- Clift Hotel's Redwood Room & Velvet Room To Stage Cool Free Shows, Starting This Weekend
- This Week's Hottest Events: Science of Cocktails, Andy Warhol Polaroids, and a Snow White Fashion Show
- Jump In: Talking To Midlake Before Its Great American Show